LUQEL limited, a company limited by guarantee. Registered in Ireland under register number 608596. Registered office: 3rd Floor Waverley House, 7-12 Noel Street, London. United Kingdom. W1F 8GQ
Data Protection Officer: Howard Freeman
For all data protection matters, please contact Howard Freeman at the details above.
What Information We Collect
While using our Services, we may collect the following information:
● Your name, title and contact details (email address, contact number, postal address)
● Information included in correspondence through forms, emails or when using our website
● Details of your orders and purchases
● Personal details, such as your date of birth, gender, and age
● IP address
● Location information
● Activity and product usage levels
● Type, date and time of water withdrawals
● Profile picture linked from social media
● Payment details
How We Collect Personal Information
We may collect personal information from you in a variety of ways, including when you:
● Use our website
● Sign up for our newsletter
● Create an account
● Order or pay for a product or service
● Register interest in becoming a customer
● Are referred to us someone you know
● Request further information regarding a product or service, or contact us with a question or complaint
● Contact our support team over the telephone, email or online chat
● Download our app
● Use our service
Our Lawful Basis for Collecting Personal Information
We will collect personal information from customers only with the following lawful bases:
|Consent||Where you have provided explicit permission for us to use your information for a specified purpose|
|Contract||Where you have entered into an agreement with us, such as downloading our app or purchasing a product, to allow us to fulfil our contractual obligations with you|
|Legitimate interest||Where we have a legitimate interest in doing so, for example, protect our legal interests or improve our Service|
|Legal obligation||Where we are legally obliged to do so, such as for tax reporting|
Web browser cookies
When someone visits one of our websites, we collect standard internet log information and details about visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out information such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site and their browsing preferences.
Most web browsers allow some control of the placement of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about our cookies please see our Cookies Policy.
How we use collected information
LUQEL may collect and use customers personal information for the following purposes:
● To manage your account
● To monitor the use of our app
● To process payments or to provide you with a refund if necessary
● We use the information customers provide about themselves to provide our services
● To send you emails and updates to keep you up-to-date about our services and offers
● To respond to any questions or concerns you might have about our services or products
● Prevent and detect fraud or other crimes
● If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, then you may receive correspondence via email, which may include updates, company news, information about related products or services, etc. If you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future messages at any time and for any reason, you may do so by following the unsubscribe instructions included at the bottom of each email, or you can contact us through our website.
As per applicable data protection laws, you may have the right to access the personal information about you that LUQEL processes.
You can request from us information about:
● The personal data we hold about you
● The purposes of the processing of your personal data
● Details regarding whom your personal data has/will be disclosed to or the criteria for the disclosure
● How long we retain your personal data
● In cases where your data was not collected directly from you, information regarding the source of the data.
You may also request the following:
● That we delete your personal data
● That we update any inaccurate or incomplete data about you
● That we make your personal data portable
We only hold accurate, complete and up-to-date personal information about you; therefore, we strongly encourage you to contact us for correcting any incomplete or inaccurate data.
You may request any actions regarding your rights by contacting us at LUQEL Data Protection Officer at the contact details above.
To ensure that your data is protected, if you request to exercise your rights, we will first require you to verify your identity before we can respond to your request.
We regularly review all data that is supplied and obtained to enable us to delete data which is not necessary or no longer needed. We do this in line with our Data Retention Policy detailed below.
How we protect your information
We adopt best in class technical and organisational security practices, which are subject to regular review, and security measures such as staff training and awareness, to protect against unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of your personal information.
Sharing your personal information
We may engage third-party service providers to help us operate our business or to administer activities on our behalf, such as delivering products and develop our app. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes as per this policy. We only engage with trusted third parties, each of which are held to high standards with regard data protection obligations and security
How Long and Where We Retain Your Data
We only retain your accurate, complete and up to date personal information for as long as is necessary. For further details on our data retention periods, please contact us.
Where you have consented to us to use your details for direct marketing, we will keep this data until you notify us or otherwise withdraw your consent.
Our business is built on commonly available software tools and solutions, in some cases, there may be an international transfer of data to our providers located around the world, such as Microsoft. We take steps to ensure that the necessary level of protection for these transfers is applied in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Third Party Extensions and Links
You will have access to third party services and technical integrations as part of your use our website. You may also gain access to third party links through our website that leads to websites that we do not own or operate. We have no control over the operation of sites accessible through third party links, and the decision to follow these links is completely optional.
This document was last updated in September 2022