Last updated: (Aug 20th 2019)
What are Cookies and how are they used?
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.
Cookies can be “session” or “persistent” cookies.
Session Cookies are temporary cookies that are not stored on your computer or mobile device. They are created temporarily in your browser's subfolder while you are visiting a website and they are not stored on your computer or mobile device. A session cookie is also used to remember your language preference when viewing the site. These session cookies are erased when you close your browser, or after 20 minutes of inactivity therefore once you leave the site, the session cookie is deleted.
Persistent cookies are those placed on your computer or mobile device for a pre-determined length of time when you visit this site and they remain in your browser's subfolder and are activated again once you visit the website that created that particular cookie. A persistent cookie remains in the browser's subfolder for the duration period set within the cookie's file.
Cookies can help a website to arrange content to match your preferred interests more quickly but cannot be used by themselves to identify you.
How is Luqel using cookies
When you use and access our Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.
We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service but we use different types of cookies to run the Service:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies – These cookies are essential for the operation of our website. They enable you to navigate the website and use all the features. They are used to manage and identify you as unique to other users currently viewing the website and enable you to login in to secure areas.
- Functionality Cookies - These cookies collect information such as your User ID, location, language preference and other settings to provide more personal features.
- Performance Cookies – These cookies collect statistical data about the website visit such as which web pages are most popular and broken webpages. These cookies do not collect personally identifiable information and are aggregated to collect information about the website’s performance.
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-party cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service. In such case, an embedded advertising material which is served from a third-party site could store a cookie for that third-party site, containing information fed to it from the containing site - such information might include the name of the site, particular products being viewed, pages visited, etc.
Please find below relevant information in relation with third-party cookies being used on our Site:
Here is the information about our cookies:
|Cookie Name||Cookie Beschreibung||Cookie Dauer|
|Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor's device and behaviour. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels.||Session|
|Facebook Pixel||28 days|
|LinkedIn Ads||28 days|
|_hjid||Hotjar cookie that is set when the customer first lands on a page with the Hotjar script. It is used to persist the Hotjar User ID, unique to that site on the browser. This ensures that behavior in subsequent visits to the same site will be attributed to the same user ID.||1 year|
|This cookie is set to let Hotjar know whether that visitor is included in the data sampling defined by your site's pageview limit.||30 minutes|
Serves for the user when accepted the cookie consent on the luqel-water website
What are your options regarding cookies
- Internet Explorer
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, such as you will not be able to store your preferences and our Service might not display properly.
Key tips for safe and responsible cookie-based Web browsing
- Customize your browser's cookie settings to reflect your comfort level with cookie security or use our guide to delete cookies.
- If you are very comfortable with cookies and you are the only person using your computer, you may want to set long expiration time frames for storing your personal access information and browsing history.
- If you share access on your computer, you may want to set your browser to clear private browsing data every time you close your browser. While not as secure as rejecting cookies outright, this option lets you access cookie-based websites while deleting any sensitive information after your browsing session.
- Make sure your browser is updated and if you haven't already, set your browser to update automatically. This eliminates security vulnerabilities caused by outdated browsers. Many cookie-based exploits are based on exploiting older browsers' security shortcomings.
Where can you find more information about cookies
You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:
We record information about your usage of the site using Google Analytics. As part of this we also supply your User ID to Google Analytics to better understand how our visitors interact with the Service. We do not supply any other personally identifiable information to Google through this means, in compliance with the Google User ID Policy. If you wish to opt out of this you may do so either by contacting us or by installing the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On.